Terms & Conditions - Good Causes
We want to help as many causes that are focused on making a difference as possible. As you will be joining under our overall Small Lotteries Licence (Gambling Act 2005) we have to ensure that organisations meet certain criteria. There is no application fee.
Your cause must:
- have a UK bank account in your organisation’s name that we can pay donations into via BACS transfer.
- be formally constituted as an autonomous, democratic organisation independent of national and/or local government.
fall into one of the following categories:
A school or educational establishment inspected by Ofsted. These include:
- Maintained schools and academies including nursery, primary (infant and junior), secondary, community special, independent (non-maintained) special, boarding, residential special schools, pupil referral units and service children’s education.
- Independent schools that cover different age ranges from 3 to 18; include boarding schools and residential special schools.
- Other educational establishments whose primary aim is the education of its students (e.g. Universities, colleges of further education)
Charitable and Community Organisations
- a registered charity (including a regional branch of a national charity);
- an Industrial and Provident Society recognised as an exempt charity;
a social enterprise that is:
- structured as a CIC OR
- carries the Social Enterprise Mark
An Unregistered Body/Project which falls within the eligibility tests detailed below.**
** An organisation or project with benevolent or philanthropic purposes which has the essential attributes of charity:
- a spirit of altruism, and
- a dedication to purposes which are worthy of public support
- is free of any characteristics which are essentially alien to charity:
- i.e. the primary focus of self-interest or private benefit vs. public benefit, such as the making a personal profit or the fact that the purposes in question are political, doctrinaire, or dependent on taking a particular view.
- A school or educational establishment inspected by Ofsted. These include:
We are also unable to accept applications that are incomplete.
TheGivingMachine reserves the right to reject any application for any reason without offering an appeals process.
TheGivingMachine will reserve its rights to not accept or cease to license any organisation with a minimum of 7 days notice for any reason. If fraudulent or illegal activity is suspected cessation will be immediate.
Organisations that are accepted onto the GivingLottery platform will also need to be registered on TheGivingMachine's Shop&Give platform to benefit from free donations while shopping and GivingVouchers that may be given to players as additional prizes.
Once approved on the platform, you will receive:
- Your own webpage on the GivingLottery website - with no set-up fees. You can edit your logo and description
- You will get 40p from every paid ticket supporting your cause that is entered into a weekly draw
- Monthly payment of the money you’ve raised through GivingLottery - with no banking fees
- An online dashboard to track the performance of your lottery page
- A lottery helpline to help your players with any queries they may have
- Professionally prepared, seasonal marketing materials provided digitally in a range of formats